These terms and conditions govern use of CompFile, the Illinois Workers’ Compensation Commission’s electronic filing system for workers’ compensation cases. You must agree to the terms and conditions of use listed below before registering for an account and filing documents using the CompFile system.
- Registration: I agree to provide complete and accurate information to the CompFile system to become a registered user. I agree to maintain such information by promptly updating my user account of any changes.
- User Account: Each registered user will be assigned a user account and password to access and use the CompFile system. I accept sole responsibility for ensuring the security and confidentiality of my user account and password. I acknowledge that I am fully responsible for all liabilities incurred through the use of my user account and that any transaction under my user account will be deemed to have been performed by me. I will not knowingly permit my user account to be used by anyone other than my authorized agents and will immediately notify the Illinois Workers’ Compensation Commission of any unauthorized use of my user account or any other breach of security known to me.
- Authorized Agents: I agree to make my authorized agents aware of these terms and conditions of use and to provide training and supervision for use of the CompFile system on my behalf.
- Access and Use: This user account is for my use and for use by my authorized agents to conduct official business with the Illinois Worker’s Compensation Commission and electronically file cases and documents pursuant to the Illinois Workers’ Compensation Act, 820 ILCS 305/1, et seq.; the Illinois Occupational Diseases Act, 820 ILCS 310/1, et seq.; and the Rules Governing Practice Before the Illinois Workers’ Compensation Commission, 50 Ill. Admin. Code pt. 9010, et seq. I will ensure, through proper instructions and enforcement actions, that all access to and use of the CompFile system will be made for proper and legal purposes and conducted in a manner that does not violate any law or regulation, the rights of any third party, court orders, or rules of professional conduct. Without limiting the foregoing, to the extent that records, data, documents, materials, and other information is transmitted to the Illinois Workers’ Compensation Commission or third parties through the CompFile system, me and my authorized agents access to and use of such information shall comply with all applicable state statutes, administrative rules, and court orders.
- Electronic Filing: I understand that the provisions of 50 Ill. Adm. Code 9015 apply to all cases and documents electronically filed with the Illinois Workers’ Compensation Commission.
- Service: I agree to maintain an active email address where I will accept service of notices, pleadings, and decisions for the filed cases associated with this email address.
- Filing Requirements: The Illinois Workers’ Compensation Commission does not verify the completeness, propriety, timeliness, or accuracy of any records, data, documents, materials, or other information transmitted parties through the CompFile system. I agree to provide the information required for each case, submit documents in the proper format, and stay current with the technical requirements of the CompFile system.
- No Attorney-Client Relationship: The Illinois Workers’ Compensation Commission does not provide legal services. I understand that use of the CompFile system may require the application of professional expertise and judgment for which I should consult a competent attorney licensed to practice in the State of Illinois.
- Equipment, Services, and Facilities: I agree to take sole responsibility for providing, installing, and maintaining at my own expense all equipment, services, and facilities necessary to access and use the CompFile system, including, but not limited to, all computer hardware and software, modems, printers, telephone service, and Internet access.
- Prohibited Use: I agree to not take any action intended to harm the CompFile system in any manner, including, but not limited to, unauthorized alteration or deletion of electronic documents, unauthorized alternation of information stored in the system, bulk reselling involving any aspect of the system, use of scripted queries and automatic retrievals, and any other unauthorized use of the system. I understand that misuse of the CompFile system may result in disciplinary action and may subject me to other applicable penalties.
- Disclaimer: I agree that my access to and use of the CompFile system and the content available through the system is on an "as-is" basis, and the Illinois Workers’ Compensation Commission does not make any representations or warranties, express or implied, including, but not limited to, any representations or warranties of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose.
Availability: I understand that the CompFile system will be available twenty-four hours a day, seven days a week, excluding any scheduled maintenance and unanticipated technical interruptions.